Honey Kale Currant & Almond Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 4 cups thinly sliced fresh kale
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup dried currants
- 2 tablespoons grated Asiago cheese
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 3/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Place kale, almonds and currants in a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk remaining ingredients until blended. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 135 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 287mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.
Nov 13, 2019
My new addiction. This salad is so good, easy to make too. I was never a fan of kale before, but have found a few recipes that I do like, including this one. You’d never know you were eating kale.
May 30, 2019
This is a great salad. Even people who said they didn't like kale, ate this salad and liked it. Always a nice addition to a meal. Quick to make once the kale is clean. Love the crunchy taste along with surprise tartness of the dressing.
Jan 6, 2017
This is a delicious salad that can be made ahead because kale does not go limp as quickly as other greens. Loved the sweet, tart, crunchy, & salty tastes in the salad. I will definitely put this in my keeper file.