Honey-Hazelnut Brie Tartines
For my French-themed dinner party, I created an hors d’oeuvre using two foods I love—Brie cheese and Granny Smith apples. The topped toasts have lots of sweet-tart flavor. —Bridget Klusman, Otsego, Michigan
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 24 slices French bread baguette (1/4 inch thick)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1/3 cup chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- 2 tart apples, halved and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- Place bread on baking sheets. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. In a small bowl, beat the butter, honey and rosemary until blended. Stir in hazelnuts.
- Spread 1 teaspoon hazelnut mixture over each toast. Layer with apple and Brie slices. Top with remaining hazelnut mixture. Bake at 350° for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Honey-Hazelnut Brie Bites in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2013