Honey-Grilled Pork Tenderloin Recipe
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pork tenderloin (3/4 pound)
- 4-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the soy sauce, garlic and ginger; add the pork. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- 2. In a small saucepan, combine the honey, brown sugar and oil. Cook and stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- 3. Drain and discard marinade. Lightly oil the grill rack. Prepare grill for indirect heat using a drip pan.
- 4. Place pork over drip pan and grill, covered, over indirect medium-hot heat for 20-25 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°, basting frequently with honey mixture. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Yield: 2 servings.
5 ounces cooked pork: 298 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 95mg cholesterol, 373mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 0 fiber), 34g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Honey-Grilled Pork Tenderloin
"While this was delicious, I thought it tasted more like an Asian grilled tenderloin than honey. The sesame and soy overwhelmed the honey. It was not as sweet as I thought it would be."