Honey-Grilled Pork Tenderloin
I received this recipe from my daughter. We were having guests for dinner one night and I thought this entree would be the perfect start in planning the menu.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 20 min. + standing
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pork tenderloin (3/4 pound)
- 4-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the soy sauce, garlic and ginger; add the pork. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- In a small saucepan, combine the honey, brown sugar and oil. Cook and stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- Drain and discard marinade. Lightly oil the grill rack. Prepare grill for indirect heat using a drip pan.
- Place pork over drip pan and grill, covered, over indirect medium-hot heat for 20-25 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°, basting frequently with honey mixture. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts5 ounces cooked pork: 298 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 95mg cholesterol, 373mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 0 fiber), 34g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Feb 8, 2017
While this was delicious, I thought it tasted more like an Asian grilled tenderloin than honey. The sesame and soy overwhelmed the honey. It was not as sweet as I thought it would be.