Honey-Grilled Chicken Breasts Recipe
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 12 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Pour 1/2 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- 2. Coat grill rack with cooking spray before starting the grill. Drain chicken and discard marinade. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until juices run clear, basting frequently with reserved marinade. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 221 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 331mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0 fiber), 35g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Honey-Grilled Chicken Breasts
"Excellent. I agree with the submitter: the longer you marinate the better (I left them in the marinade for 30 hours). Only substitution I made was to use agave syrup instead of the honey."
"just okay - nothing special"
"This is excellent and I have made it a few times! I did not use the grill but it would be even better on the grill, next time! I did however saute it with the extra sauce for a bit~! Very good!"
"I leave out the ginger and it is our favorite way to do chicken! My kids love it!"
"This is fantastic! I halved the recipe for two large chicken breasts and used the left over merinade for rice. I used 1/2 T ground ginger instead of the recipe suggestion and it was great. I've made this several times and we love it (and so does whoever else is eating it)!"
"has anyone used dried/grd ginger for the fresh if so, how much did you substitute?"
"Excellent. Works well in fry pan too...just drain well. Add some reserved marinate to cooked brown rice or make extra marinate and save a bit more. The marinate is super for adding to stir fried veggies. This is excellent cold the next day especially on a salid. IT did not tast at all Garlicky ( I used jarred garlic 6 rounded t( maybe the garlic lost some of it's clout?)"