Honey-Glazed Hens with Fruit Stuffing for Two Recipe
4.5 2 2
“My husband really likes Cornish hens, so I searched for a recipe I could use during the holidays that dressed them up. We love the fruit stuffing." — Denise Albers, Freeburg, Illinois
Recommended: 30 Thanksgiving Recipes for Two
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 2 cups cubed day-old bread
- 1/4 cup dried fruit bits
- 1/4 cup water
- Dash ground allspice
- CORNISH HENS:
- 2 Cornish game hen (20 to 24 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons honey
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add onion and celery; cook and stir until tender. Add the bread, fruit bits, water and allspice; cover and cook for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
- Loosely stuff hens with stuffing. Tuck wings under hens; tie drumsticks together. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place breast side up on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Combine butter and honey; brush over hens.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until a thermometer reads 180° for hens and 165° for stuffing, basting occasionally with pan drippings. Cover loosely with foil if hens brown too quickly. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Honey-Glazed Hens with Fruit Stuffing for Two in Taste of Home
Reviews forHoney-Glazed Hens with Fruit Stuffing for Two
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 18, 2010
Reviewed Oct. 14, 2010
"Sooo good and so easy! The only fruit I used was cranberries(dried) and it was excellent!"