- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 broiler-fryer chicken (about 3 pounds), cut up
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted, divided
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- In a bowl or bag, combine flour, salt and cayenne pepper; add chicken pieces and dredge or shake to coat. Pour 4 tablespoons butter into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan; place chicken in pan, turning pieces once to coat. Bake, uncovered at 350° for 30 minutes. Combine brown sugar, honey, lemon juice, soy sauce, curry powder and remaining butter; pour over chicken. Bake 45 minutes more or until chicken is tender, basting several times with pan drippings. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews forHoney-Glazed Chicken
"Very good! The curry and honey pair well together. Cover to prevent burning. Served with rice."
"Very good! I used four bone-in chicken breast halves, but had to remove the skin before dredging since my husband is now on the cardiac diet. Have no cayenne pepper (how could that be?) so substituted coarsely-ground black pepper. And only put 1/4 tsp. curry powder in the sauce, as he is not a great fan of curry. If I make this again I think I could bump the amount of curry powder up to 1/2 tsp. and he'd still eat it. The leftovers are going to make for some great chicken sandwiches or chicken salad."
"This is so good. It bakes up really nice."
"This chicken is awesome. I followed the recipe exactly and it turned out great. Will definitely make this one again."
"This is so easy and delicious. My picky 2 years old son said "yummy" several times. I used things because that's what I have and also substituted a tablespoon of lime juice instead of lemon juice. I definitely going to make this again."
"Very good. I used boneless chicken breast, and only 1/2 the recommended salt. Baked for ~40 minutes, then put on Broiler to crisper. Served over fresh spinach."
"My husband loved this and so did I. Very moist! Great over rice with a side salad :)"