- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (about 3 pounds), cut up
- 1/2 cup butter, melted, divided
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and cayenne pepper; add the chicken pieces shake to coat. Pour 4 tablespoons butter into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan; place chicken in pan, turning pieces once to coat.
- Bake, uncovered at 350° for 30 minutes. Combine the brown sugar, honey, lemon juice, soy sauce, curry powder and remaining butter; pour over chicken. Bake 45 minutes more or until chicken is tender, basting several times with pan drippings. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Honey-Glazed Chicken
"This chicken is awesome. I followed the recipe exactly and it turned out great. Will definitely make this one again."
"This is so easy and delicious. My picky 2 years old son said "yummy" several times. I used things because that's what I have and also substituted a tablespoon of lime juice instead of lemon juice. I definitely going to make this again."
"Very good. I used boneless chicken breast, and only 1/2 the recommended salt. Baked for ~40 minutes, then put on Broiler to crisper. Served over fresh spinach."
"My husband loved this and so did I. Very moist! Great over rice with a side salad :)"
"I made this often years ago when it was first published. We love it. It had been awhile and I reintroduced my family to it recently and we still love it. The flavor of the glaze is wonderful! No changes other than I will use bone-in chicken breasts. Highly recommended!"
"Easy preparations and delicious!"
"Worshipguy said he didn't like this in part because it needed frequent basting but I forgot to do that and it turned out just fine! I like the curry flavor"