- 4 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- Whisk together first five ingredients; set aside. In a 6-qt. stockpot, bring 10 cups water to a boil. Add beans in batches; cook, uncovered, 2-3 minutes or just until crisp-tender. Remove beans and immediately drop into ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- Coat stockpot with cooking spray. Add beans; cook, stirring constantly, over high heat until slightly blistered, 2-3 minutes. Add sauce; continue stirring until beans are coated and sauce starts to evaporate slightly, 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forHoney Garlic Green Beans
"We enjoyed these as a side dish tonight. They tasted just like my favorite green beans from a Chinese restaurant that I love."
"Wonderful way to cook green beans. Will make these this way from now on."
"This is a wonderful side dish, full of flavor & easy to make! Even my son, who hates green beans, loved these."
"This is a delicious and easy recipe to prepare. I blanched the beans several days ahead, and I had cut the beans into segments instead of keeping them whole only because some of the beans had blemishes. The sweet, salty, spicy, and crunchy tastes complimented the brightly colored beans. This recipe is a keeper!"
"I made these for Thanksgiving. I loved them, my sons liked them but no one else thought much of them. I'll make them just for me next time."
"The best string bean recipe yet. Raves from my family."
"Made these the other night and they are wonderful! The flavors blended perfectly and so easy to make. I didn't have any leftover which is great from a family who has several "nothing green" eaters."
"I made this recipes the other night to test for Thanksgiving , I love the infusion of the soy sauce and garlic. The honey help keep the salty part of the soy down. I have never really cooked with fresh green beans but this recipe made it simple."
"Delicious flavorful Green Beans! I prefer baking my green beans. So I slathered them with some butter and olive oil, poured the sauce over it and baked at 425 degrees for 20ish minutes. Love them!??"