"I'm always looking for quick-and-easy recipes," comments Norma Pederson of Colman, South Dakota. "These mini loaves are simple to make, and breakfast guests love them," she adds.
Recommended: 40 Tasty Snacks That Are (Surprisingly) Low-Calorie
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 16 squares)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 cup chopped peeled apple
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- In a large bowl, combine flour, crumbs and baking powder. In another bowl, beat eggs, honey, oil, orange juice and peel. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in apple, dates and apricots. Spoon into three greased 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 3 mini loaves.
Originally published as Honey Fruit Loaves in Quick Cooking May/June 2000, p37