Honey Fruit Dessert
Fresh fruit gets even more flavor when it's baked and drizzled with honey. It makes a fantastic dessert.—Deborah Bitz, Medicine Hat, Alberta
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 medium ripe nectarines or peaches or 4 apricots, halved and pitted
- 4 medium plums, halved and pitted
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Vanilla ice cream
- 1/4 cup chopped cashews or peanuts, optional
- Line a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan with foil; coat foil with cooking spray. Place fruit, cut side up, in pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 18-20 minutes or until tender. Drizzle with honey; bake 2-3 minutes longer or until golden brown. Serve warm with ice cream and nuts if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 101 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 37mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Honey Fruit Dessert in Country Woman July/August 2000
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.