Honey-Dijon Pork Tenderloin with Mushrooms
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Hot cooked pasta
- Flatten pork slices to 1/2-in. thickness; sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook pork in oil in batches until meat is no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute onion and mushrooms in butter until tender. Add garlic; saute 1 minute longer. Stir in the milk, mustard, soy sauce and honey. Return pork to the pan; heat through. Serve with noodles.
Nutrition Facts3 ounce-weight: 264 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 654mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0 fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Mar 15, 2018
This recipe came together quickly and the sauce was very very flavorful and brought a wonderful taste to the entire dish. I used pork chops instead of a tenderloin because that's what I had on hand but the sauce really made the dish so I don't think it matters too much which cut of pork one uses.
Jan 2, 2013
Oh my god the dijon mustard and honey tastes in this dish are fabulous! I made this for my friend and I on one of our wine nights, definitely going to make it again. I added a little extra mustard and honey. Also since I'm not fond of mushroom I subbed in asparagus and served it over rotini noodles, SO GOOD!