Honey-Dijon Chicken Salad
This delightful main-dish salad has an easy sauce/dressing that lends a sweet-tangy flavor to the mix. "You can add or take away vegetables to suit your taste," notes Janelle Hensley of Harrisonburg, Virginia.
- 1/2 pound chicken tenderloins, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons honey, divided
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard, divided
- 3 cups torn leaf lettuce
- 2 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 2 tablespoons each chopped green, sweet orange and yellow pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1. Place chicken in a 1-1/2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine 1 tablespoon each of honey and mustard; pour over chicken. Cover and bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, eggs, peppers, onion and sesame seeds; divide between two plates. Top with chicken. Combine remaining honey and mustard; drizzle over chicken.
2-1/2 cups: 301 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 279mg cholesterol, 498mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 2g fiber), 35g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 starch.
May 16, 2019Instead of baking the chicken in the oven I sautéed it in a small frying pan with the honey/mustard dressing. Turned out great. less heat in the kitchen and only took 10 minutes rather than 20-25 minutes.
© 2019 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC