Honey-Date Pumpkin Cookies
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min./batch + cooling
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon whole milk
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chopped dates
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in honey and egg. Add pumpkin and milk; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the dates, pecans and poppy seeds.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto parchment lined baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in cream and vanilla until smooth. Frost cookies. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 110 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 64mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
May 9, 2017
These are the most worthless cookies. Tasteless. Waste of money. Waste of time. I'm actually angry that I bought into the great reviews. I'm an excellent cook, chef, baker and griller. I love trying new recipes and putting all sorts of ingredients together. These only have one saving grace, they have good texture and the frosting is a good basic. Otherwise, don't even bother. I'm deleting it from my recipe file here.
Oct 10, 2012
Wow, these are soooo good. I took a batch to work and everyone wanted the recipe, I've made them with and without frosting and they are really great both ways. This recipe is a keeper.
Dec 8, 2010
My 86 yr old father declared them his new favorite cookie! I omitted the poppy seeds and the frosting and they are wonderful.
Nov 20, 2009
THE BEST EVER
Nov 15, 2009
Best cookie ever - but I omitted the poppy seedsmy family loves it
Oct 24, 2009
This recipe was great. I made it and took it to work and they were gone in a flash and I made a double batch because I didn't want to waste the pumpkin. I will be making these again this fall.
Sep 14, 2009
I added some cinnamon to my frosting, part of my first football party of the season, was a great hit - didn't even get to try one, but lots of compliments - so will be making more of these for sure.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.