Honey-Coconut Sticky Buns
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + rising Bake: 30 min.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 4 ounces (1/2 cup) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 3 tablespoons thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- Toasted sweetened shredded coconut, optional
- Grease two 8-in. round baking pans. Cut thawed bread dough in half; roll each half into a 10x8-in. rectangle. Combine cream cheese, coconut and orange juice concentrate; spread mixture on dough. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with long side. Cut each roll crosswise into eight slices; place in prepared pans. Cover with plastic wrap; let rise until almost doubled, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a microwave, melt butter and honey. Spoon 1 tablespoon butter-honey mixture over each bun. Bake until tops are golden brown, about 30 minutes. Immediately invert onto a serving plate. If desired, top with toasted coconut.
Test Kitchen Tips
Editor's NoteTo toast coconut, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 bun: 206 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 239mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Jan 20, 2018
Yummy!! I made my own dough (one for cinnamon rolls that included some oatmeal), but followed all the rest of the directions for the filling. We made a bit less of the butter and honey (5 T each instead of 8) and it was fine, but we may like it less sticky than others might.
Jan 7, 2018
We really enjoyed these rolls. I made them ahead of time for Christmas, and froze them – and that worked well. I used reduced fat cream cheese and Imperial margarine, and included the toasted coconut. Thank you!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.