Honey-Coconut Sticky Buns
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + rising Bake: 30 min.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 4 ounces (1/2 cup) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 3 tablespoons thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- Toasted sweetened shredded coconut, optional
- Grease two 8-in. round baking pans. Cut thawed bread dough in half; roll each half into a 10x8-in. rectangle. Combine cream cheese, coconut and orange juice concentrate; spread mixture on dough. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with long side. Cut each roll crosswise into eight slices; place in prepared pans. Cover; let rise until almost doubled, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a microwave, melt butter and honey. Spoon 1 tablespoon butter-honey mixture over each bun. Bake until tops are golden brown, about 30 minutes. Immediately invert onto a serving plate. If desired, top with toasted coconut.
Test Kitchen Tips
Editor's NoteTo toast coconut, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 bun: 206 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 239mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 20, 2018
Yummy!! I made my own dough (one for cinnamon rolls that included some oatmeal), but followed all the rest of the directions for the filling. We made a bit less of the butter and honey (5 T each instead of 8) and it was fine, but we may like it less sticky than others might.
Jan 7, 2018
We really enjoyed these rolls. I made them ahead of time for Christmas, and froze them – and that worked well. I used reduced fat cream cheese and Imperial margarine, and included the toasted coconut. Thank you!