Thanks to a friend, I got my hands on this easy recipe for sticky buns and tweaked it. Sprinkle them with coconut for the crowning touch. —Diane Nemitz, Ludington, Michigan
Recommended: 78 Christmas Potluck Desserts for 12 or More
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 4 ounces (1/2 cup) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 3 tablespoons thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- Toasted sweetened shredded coconut, optional
- Grease two 8-in. round baking pans. Cut thawed bread dough in half; roll each half into a 10x8-in. rectangle. Combine cream cheese, coconut and orange juice concentrate; spread mixture on dough. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with long side. Cut each roll crosswise into eight slices; place in prepared pans. Cover with plastic wrap; let rise until almost doubled, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a microwave, melt butter and honey. Spoon 1 tablespoon butter-honey mixture over each bun. Bake until tops are golden brown, about 30 minutes. Immediately invert onto a serving plate. If desired, top with toasted coconut. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Honey-Coconut Sticky Buns in Taste of Home September/October 2017