Honey-Citrus Chicken Kabobs
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 each medium green, sweet red and yellow pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- In a small bowl, combine the lime juice, lemon juice, honey and garlic. Pour 1-1/4 cups into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade. On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread chicken and peppers.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 8-10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, turning and basting frequently with reserved marinade.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 194 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 57mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 14, 2013
This was a great recipe. I thought the citrus helped keep the chicken moist. I added a little more garlic, too.
Jun 27, 2011
This used way too much citrus and was kind of sour. It needs some herbs to flavor it as it was kind of blah. I won't make it again.
May 3, 2010
This taste great. light and flavorful!