- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen broccoli stir-fry vegetable blend
- Hot cooked rice
- Mix cornstarch and water until smooth. In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat; stir-fry chicken and garlic 1 minute. Add honey, soy sauce, salt and pepper; cook and stir until chicken is no longer pink, 2-3 minutes. Remove from pan.
- In same pan, stir-fry vegetable blend in remaining oil just until tender, 4-5 minutes. Return chicken to pan. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to pan; bring to a boil. Cook and stir until thickened, about 1 minute. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forHoney Chicken Stir-Fry
"This was absolutely the best Stir Fry Recipe I've made thus far!!! I doubled the sauce and used 2-10.5oz bags of broccoli, cauliflower, snap peas, carrots, I made rice but it was better without it. My pickiest child even loved it. I will definitely keep this recipe for future."
"Yes, definitely double or triple the sauce. Tastes good with 1.5 teaspoons ground ginger, and you don't need thecornstarch as the honey is thick enough. I used fresh thin baby carrots, home grown purple and green beans and small broccoli florets. Sprinkled with garlic powder. Served over jasmine rice. Hubby didn't complain - Win, Win!"
"Made this as one of my trying to eat healthier meals. It was very tasty. The honey and soy sauce combined to make a really good sauce. I will make this again. My husband wants to try it with shrimp."
"This is definitely a keeper for us! So yummy"
"Soooooo simple and yummy!!! Great recipe for a busy week night! We added a little hot sauce to make it spicy/sweet."
""You CAN teach an old cook new tricks" ...I have been making my own version of chicken Stir-Fry for many years that my family has always loved....BUT...last night I used this Honey chicken Stir-Fry recipe with fresh (not frozen) veggies. My husband said that the chicken was the BEST he has EVER had!!!I added a hand full of sliced almonds with the chicken. The way the honey (I only had 2 Tablespoons) and soy sauce caramelized the chicken and almonds was delicious !!!The veggies I usually use are scallions, napa cabbage, bean sprouts, sugar snap peas and broccoli or any combination.This can be served over white rice, brown rice, barley, quinoa OR with no carbs like I enjoy!!!I usually top each serving with some fresh scallions (the green part of a green onion) and a few sliced almonds.This is a very healthy and impressive meal for company or your family!!!!"
"The honey absorbed the soy sauce flavor and came off tasting bland to me. Won't make again"