Honey Cheese Bars
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Additional honey, optional
- In a small bowl, combine flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in walnuts. Press onto the bottom of an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- For filling, in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, honey, milk, lemon juice and vanilla until blended. Add egg; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over crust. Bake 20-25 minutes longer or until set. Cool completely on a wire rack. Drizzle with additional honey if desired. Cut into bars. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 152 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 88mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 starch.
Mar 12, 2012
This was very good! It took me a while to appreciate it as a light dessert, but my toddler will eat a serving of it and feels like she has gotten a special treat and I don't have the guilt!
Nov 18, 2011
Very easy and quick. I'm going to keep the ingredients on hand to make it again. It was a big hit.
Oct 9, 2011
I made these yesterday and they turned out to be very tasty. I didn't have any walnuts on hand, so I used pecans in the crust and it worked well. I will be making these again.
Jul 6, 2011
This recipe came out perfect. The crust was just right and held together. I could not taste the honey in the filling. however.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.