Honey Cereal Bites
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 6 cups unsweetened puffed wheat cereal
- 2 cups salted peanuts
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- In a large bowl, combine the cereal, peanuts and sesame seeds. In a small saucepan over low heat, cook and stir the brown sugar, honey and butter until smooth. Pour over cereal mixture and toss to coat.
- Spread in two ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pans. Bake at 275° for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool. Store in airtight containers.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 266 calories, 17g fat (4g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 162mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein.
Dec 13, 2011
Yum! This tastes like homemade sugar crisp with a contrasting salty taste from the peanuts: the best of both worlds! I would make this again in a heartbeat, although next time, I might substitute in dried fruit so that my sons can take it to their nut-free school. (But I'd still make this original recipe for home. I can't stop eating it!)
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.