When caramel apple season arrives, we roll apples in salted pecans and drizzle them with homemade fudge. For a different crunch factor, use honey-roasted peanuts. —Cori Cooper, Flagstaff, Arizona
Recommended: 18 Thanksgiving Cheesecakes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup honey
- 6 wooden pop sticks
- 6 medium green apples, chilled
- Chopped honey-roasted peanuts, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine whipping cream and honey over medium heat. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until thermometer reads 260°, about 30 minutes. Remove from heat; allow to thicken 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, insert a wooden pop stick into the core of each apple. Dip apples in caramel mixture, rolling to coat evenly. If desired, roll in honey-roasted peanuts. Place on waxed paper; refrigerate or store in a cool location until caramel is set, about 30 minutes. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Honey Caramel Apples in Taste of Home September/October 2017