- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon cold butter, divided
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon honey
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Cut in 1/2 cup butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk and cheese until mixture forms a ball.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 5-6 times. Roll out to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-in. biscuit cutter. Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine honey and remaining butter. Microwave on high until melted. Brush over biscuits. Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: about 1 dozen.
Reviews forHoney Biscuits
"The texture is just right. My kids loved them. I didn't have the Monterrey Jack Cheese on hand so I used Sharp Cheddar and I brushed the honey after I baked them and still it was awesome. Will make them again!"
"Yum! We loved these."