Honey Barbecued Spareribs
- 3 pounds pork spareribs or pork baby back ribs
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1. Cut spareribs into serving-size pieces. Place ribs, bone side down, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour. Drain.
- 2. Combine all the remaining ingredients; brush some of glaze on ribs. Bake, uncovered, 30-45 minutes longer or until meat is tender, brushing occasionally with remaining glaze.
12 ounce-weight: 731 calories, 55g fat (18g saturated fat), 191mg cholesterol, 968mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0 fiber), 47g protein.
Oct 10, 2014
Just okay. I double the sauce like everyone suggested but felt like there was a vinegar after taste. The husband didn't enjoy it and drowned the ribs in regular bbq sauce.
Jun 13, 2013
This was delicious! My husband said this is definitely a keeper. I did double the sauce recipe as suggested in other reviews & I cut back on the salt. Definitely will make again! I may even try the sauce on chicken.
Jan 29, 2011
Quick & easy! I was searching for something that didn't require marinating and that wouldn't take half a day to cook. I doubled the sauce as recommended by someone earlier and it worked well since I had 4 pounds of ribs instead of 3. Good flavor overall, we will be making this again!
Jan 1, 2010
I doubled the sauce and made these in the crock pot for Christmas dinner. They were nothing short of AMAZING!!!! We are using the same recipe only using chicken wings for our New Years dinner.
Dec 31, 1969
I added barbecue sauce to the ribs after they were done cooking because they came out dry