- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (1 to 2 medium)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Combine the eggs, banana, applesauce and honey; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the raisins.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray; fill two-thirds full with batter. Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 14 muffins.
Reviews forHoney Banana Muffins
"I wanted something healthy to give to my students on the 100th day of school. I didn't put in nuts or raisins. I also think it needed some more spices and perhaps more bananas. Only put in 3/4 tsp. Nutmeg. Should have put the whole tsp. I made donut shaped muffins and they came out very spongy and I liked them."
"These are great. I add more banana than called for and used walnuts instead of raisins. I think additional spices, like cinnamon and allspice, make them more flavorful. When I don't have applesauce, I use 1/3 cup coconut oil instead. I've made this recipe lots of times and they always turn out great."
"Moist and baked up beautifully. I doubled the recipe and substituted chopped walnuts for half of the raisins. Next time I will use sweetened applesauce and regular raisins, though. Just to bump up the sweetness."
"I thought these muffins were delicious, though I admittedly altered it significantly. I used on instead of applesauce (didn't have any), added cinnamon, used 1/2 c banana & 1/2 c pumpkin, only 4 T honey, and used 1/4 c mini choc chips instead of raisins"
"These baked up incredibly moist. I will use this as my base banana honey muffin from now on and change them up by substituting fruit, nuts , spices or extract flavours. Great recipe, thanks for submitting."
"I am not a nutmeg fan so i subsituted 1/4 tsp nutmeg and 1/2 tsp cinnamon. They were great!"
"i thought these were kinda blah."