Honey Balsamic Chicken Recipe
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1. Sprinkle chicken with garlic salt and pepper. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in oil for 4-7 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. Add the vinegar, honey and basil to the pan; cook and stir for 1 minute. Return chicken to the pan; heat through, turning to coat with glaze. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 232 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 524mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 0 fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Honey Balsamic Chicken
"Great flavor and super easy."
"This is a super-fast, delicious recipe. I add more honey and cut back the balsamic vinegar. It's my husband's favorite chicken!"
"This recipe was disappointing. I expected it to have a lot of flavor and it was actually kind of bland."
"I love the flavor, nice and sweet!"
"Very tender chicken, husband loved the flavor"
"Fast and easy. Perfect for 2 people.i did use 3 tablespoons of honey and 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar,but besides that it was a perfect recipe for us.this recipe will stay with us"
"This was really simple to make, fast, and tasted very impressive for so few ingredients! This goes in my recipe file."