Honey-Apple Turkey Breast
I found this recipe in a diabetics’ cookbook. We really like the honey flavor. The sweetness comes through when I use the leftovers in casseroles and soups, too.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 2 hours + standing
- 3/4 cup thawed apple juice concentrate
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 bone-in turkey breast (6 to 7 pounds)
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a small saucepan, combine apple juice concentrate, honey and mustard. Cook over low heat 2-3 minutes or just until blended, stirring occasionally.
- Place turkey breast on a rack in a foil-lined shallow roasting pan; pour honey mixture over the top.
- Bake, uncovered, 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until a thermometer reads 170°, basting with pan juices every 30 minutes. (Cover loosely with foil if turkey browns too quickly.) Cover and let stand 15 minutes before carving.
Nutrition Facts5 ounce-weight: 230 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 109mg cholesterol, 72mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 0 fiber), 40g protein.
Jun 8, 2015
Unfortunately the sauce did not penetrate into the turkey itself leaving the meat a little bland. I was really hoping that this was going to be delicious for as long as it took to make. Disappointed.