Honey-Apple Turkey Breast
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 2 hours + standing
- 3/4 cup thawed apple juice concentrate
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 bone-in turkey breast (6 to 7 pounds)
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a small saucepan, combine apple juice concentrate, honey and mustard. Cook over low heat 2-3 minutes or just until blended, stirring occasionally.
- Place turkey breast on a rack in a foil-lined shallow roasting pan; pour honey mixture over the top.
- Bake, uncovered, 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until a thermometer reads 170°, basting with pan juices every 30 minutes. (Cover loosely with foil if turkey browns too quickly.) Cover and let stand 15 minutes before carving.
Nutrition Facts5 ounce-weight: 230 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 109mg cholesterol, 72mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 0 fiber), 40g protein.
Jun 8, 2015
Unfortunately the sauce did not penetrate into the turkey itself leaving the meat a little bland. I was really hoping that this was going to be delicious for as long as it took to make. Disappointed.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.