Honey and Cherry Chutney
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) pitted tart cherries, undrained
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- In a small saucepan, bring the first seven ingredients to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in walnuts.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 209 calories, 5g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 9mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 22, 2012
Been making this recipe every time I cook a turkey breast in the crockpot. Sooooo yummy & a nice change from cranberry sauce.
Oct 4, 2009
I was a little skeptical about this one but spurred on by the comment to have copies of the recipe handy. It is delicious. It was a little thinner than I would have liked--next time I'll add just a little more cornstarch. It smelled wonderful while it was cooking. I won't be able to get away with substituting it for cranberry sauce in this cranberry-loving household, but it certainly will find a place on the table.