Honey and Cherry Chutney
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) pitted tart cherries, undrained
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- In a small saucepan, bring the first seven ingredients to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in walnuts.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 209 calories, 5g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 9mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Nov 22, 2012
Been making this recipe every time I cook a turkey breast in the crockpot. Sooooo yummy & a nice change from cranberry sauce.
Oct 4, 2009
I was a little skeptical about this one but spurred on by the comment to have copies of the recipe handy. It is delicious. It was a little thinner than I would have liked--next time I'll add just a little more cornstarch. It smelled wonderful while it was cooking. I won't be able to get away with substituting it for cranberry sauce in this cranberry-loving household, but it certainly will find a place on the table.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.