- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) pitted tart cherries, undrained
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- In a small saucepan, bring the first seven ingredients to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in walnuts.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 2 cups.
Reviews forHoney and Cherry Chutney
"I was a little skeptical about this one but spurred on by the comment to have copies of the recipe handy. It is delicious. It was a little thinner than I would have liked--next time I'll add just a little more cornstarch. It smelled wonderful while it was cooking. I won't be able to get away with substituting it for cranberry sauce in this cranberry-loving household, but it certainly will find a place on the table."