- 1-1/2 cups unblanched almonds
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Arrange almonds in a single layer in an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown, stirring once.
- In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup sugar, salt and cayenne; set aside. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add roasted almonds and honey; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining sugar; cook 1 minute longer or until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; add reserved sugar mixture and toss to coat.
- Immediately spread onto waxed paper; cool completely. Break into pieces. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 2 cups.
Reviews forHoney & Spice Roasted Almonds
"Many online recipes for this are similar and I tried one but was not happy with results. I do really like this one. The slight kick of cayenne and salt is just right. If you use the .5 c sugar they are heavily carmalized. I reduced it to .33 cup total and that was fine for me. Also a very slight glaze of oil on the wax paper will make for easier release without having paper stick to bottom of almonds. This recipe is a keeper."