- 3 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts (5 ounces each)
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 375°. Combine first six ingredients; rub over chicken. Transfer to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear. Combine honey and vinegar; baste over chicken during the last 10 minutes of cooking. Save three chicken breast halves for Chicken Chimichangas (recipe also in Recipe Finder) or save for another use. Yield: 5 servings plus 3 cooked chicken breast halves.
Reviews forHoney & Spice Baked Chicken
"Yummy. I won’t cook it quite as long next time. Was a little dry, but still excellent. Doubling the sauce is a great idea and since I’m not into spicy dishes, I only used a pinch of cayenne ."
"Wow! The sauce that this creates is amazing! I was afraid that this might be a little too spicy for my grandson, but he devoured this dish. It will be in my regular rotation from now on. I wouldn't change a thing in this recipe!"
"I thought the spices on this were very good, but if I make it again I think I will double the sauce. I think it would have been tastier with a little more glaze but over all a very good simple recipe!"
"Pretty good flavor."
"Such a delicious and healthy dish!"
"If you like dry rub on chicken, this one's for you!"
"I wondered If anyone has tried this without the honey and vinegar I thought it smelled really delicious when I open the oven to add the sauce"