- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 cans (15 ounces each) golden hominy, drained
- In a small skillet, cook onion and garlic in oil until tender. Remove from heat. In a bowl, combine onion mixture, sour cream, half of the cheese, milk, chilies and cumin. Add hominy; mix well. Pour into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Serve immediately. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews forHominy Casserole
"Delicious! Found it stayed a little too runny. Think I'll try omiting the milk next time."
"We did not enjoy this recipe at all. Perhaps our Minnesota roots are too far north to appreciate hominy."