Hominy Beef Bake
"I received this recipe from a friend more than 20 years ago and have been using it ever since," notes Jean Stokes. Corn chips create a tasty topping on a nicely spiced mixture of ground beef, hominy and chili. "Even my meat-and-potatoes husband likes it!" assures the Sacramento, California cook.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) hominy, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) chili with beans
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 package (9-1/4 ounces) corn chips, crushed
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Stir in the hominy, chili, tomato sauce, water, chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with corn chips. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 514 calories, 27g fat (7g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 1088mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 7g fiber), 23g protein.
Jan 8, 2020
This is an excellent recipe, so easy! Made it just as the recipe says...
Feb 28, 2015
This was just ok. It was a bit too dry. If I make it again I will add some extra liquid. Maybe more tomato sauce.