- 2 cups fresh green beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) hominy, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar or cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro or parsley
- 1/4 cup olive or canola oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Place green beans in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain and rinse in cold water. In a serving bowl, combine the green beans, kidney beans, hominy, black beans, celery, onion and red pepper.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients; shake well. Pour over vegetables and stir gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forHominy Bean Salad
"I made this for a church potluck. It is delicious. I'll definitely make it again!"
"Such a great blend of flavors. My family likes it even for a snack."