- 8 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients. Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for up to 1 year. Yield: 6 tablespoons.
Reviews forHomemade Taco Seasoning
"Made this and it smelled really good so we couldn't wait to try it with tacos. I had left out the cornstarch as we are doing a Keto diet right now. Flavor was great except it was a tad bland and needed salt to perk everything up. After adding some sea salt, it was excellent. Will definitely make again (adding salt to the mix) and will double the recipe so I have it on hand. I used 3 Tbs. mix with a scant 2/3 c. water and 1 lb. ground beef."
"I checked other recipes, they said to use 2tbsp and one recipe said 1/4 cup (which is 4tbsp). So I would recommend using 2-4 tbsp per pound of ground beef. I love using this, it's much healthier than store-bought taco seasoning! And it has great flavor!"
"How many tablespoons per pound of meat?"
"I'll never buy it from the store again, it's not exactly the same, but it was really good anyway."
"an how much per 1 lb of ground beef"