Homemade Sugar Cones
I often sprinkle sliced almonds on the circles of batter before baking these crunchy cones.—Ellen Osborne, Clarksville, Tennessee
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In a bowl, beat egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar. Beat in flour and butter just until blended.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Draw two 7-in. circles on paper. Drop 3 tablespoons of batter in the center of each circle; spread batter to edges. Bake at 400° for 6-8 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Place cookies, bottom side up, on a paper towel-lined work surface. To shape cone, begin with one edge and roll cookie a third of the way toward the center; roll a third of the opposite side over the rolled portion. Shape top of cone. Place seam side down on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Return second cookie to oven for 1-2 minutes if necessary before rolling. Repeat with remaining batter to make four more cones.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 194 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 96mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Homemade Cookie Cones in Taste of Home June/July 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.