Homemade Spaghetti and Meatballs
Cooking is one of my favorite hobbies and I do the cooking for my family more then my wife. She loves it!—Matt Walter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 3 hours
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 2-2/3 cups water
- 1 can (12 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, undrained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Pinch pepper
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/3 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds ground beef
- Hot cooked spaghetti
- In a large Dutch oven or kettle, combine all sauce ingredients. Simmer, uncovered, for 2 hours. In a bowl, combine the eggs, onion, garlic salt and pepper; crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into small meatballs; brown in a skillet, a few at a time. Add meatballs to sauce and simmer for 1 hour. Serve over spaghetti.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 266 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 103mg cholesterol, 807mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 4g fiber), 22g protein.
Originally published as Spaghetti and Meatballs in Taste of Home December/January 1995
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.