- 1 package (16 ounces) hot roll mix
- 4 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 cup warm water (120° to 130°)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup butter, softened, divided
- 2 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine the contents of roll mix and yeast packets with 2 tablespoons sugar. Stir in the water, egg and 2 tablespoons butter to form a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface. Knead until smooth, about 5 minutes. Cover and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the rhubarb, brown sugar, corn syrup and remaining butter. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 3 minutes. Pour into an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 15x10-in. rectangle. Combine cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle over dough.
- Roll-up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Cut into 12 slices. Place cut side down over rhubarb sauce. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately invert onto a serving platter. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews forHomemade Rhubarb Sticky Buns
"I am not familiar with this Hot roll mix. Could you be more specific, example, brand name?Can I buy this in Canada?"