Homemade Pumpkin Ice Cream Recipe
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients; stir until the sugar is dissolved. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to manufacturer’s directions.
- 2. Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze. Transfer to a freezer container; freeze for 2-4 hours before serving. Yield: about 1 quart.
1/2 cup: 261 calories, 18g fat (11g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 87mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Homemade Pumpkin Ice Cream
"Incredible! It's the best pumpkin ice cream I've made to date!"
"Best pumpkin ice cream I've ever tasted!! I wanted a recipe that tasted like the pumpkin ice cream I used to get as a kid and this is definitely it!!"
"My husband wanted pumpkin ice cream for Thanksgiving & everyone loved this!"
"To the reviewer who said it left a greasy feel, I know why. It was the working of the cream, it probably started to turn into butter. Frozen butter in your mouth = greasy sensation and coating on your tongue, palate and teeth. There is a different way to do this ice cream that does not require an ice cream freezer. Combine all of the ingredients in a heavy saucepan EXCEPT the cream and simmer it until the sugar is dissolved, then let it cool completely. Whip the cream until it's stiff and then gently fold it into the cooled pumpkin mixture, then you can put it in a freezer safe container and pop it in the freezer. I have made pumpkin ice cream before like that and it's incredible. In fact, it's good if you're tummy is feeling off because the spices are good for your digestion and ginger is a known anti-nauseant!"
"It was ok, it had great pumpkin flavor but the texture was off. It left a greasy feel in your mouth. If I made it again I would try a regular vanilla recipe and add the pumpkin and spices."