- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 2 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 4 to 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated onion
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 ounces Jones Canadian Bacon, diced
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup minced fresh basil
- In a large mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add oil, salt and 2 cups flour. Beat on medium speed for 3 minutes. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rest in a warm place for 10 minutes.
- Combine sauce ingredients; set aside. Divide dough in half. On a floured surface, roll each portion into a 13-in. circle. Transfer to two greased 12-in. pizza pans; build up edges slightly. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Spread with sauce; sprinkle with toppings. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 pizzas (6 slices each).
Reviews forHomemade Pizza Supreme
"Tried this last week & it was wonderful. A big hit with the family. It had been a while since I'd made dough from scratch, but after making this, I don't know why I waited so long to make dough! It went together easily & was so elastic & pliable. The crusts were incredibly beautiful, light & tender. Family has asked this be made again (yay!) and I will always use this recipe from now on. I've never had such good pizza."
"Just made this pizza last night and it turned out wonderful. I used pepperoni, ham, onions, and mushrooms as my toppings. Everyone loved the crust. I did mix some olive oil and garlic salt and spread it on the crust edges when it came out of the oven. This pizza recipe will be the one I use all the time now!"
"I HAVE FINALLY FOUND MY FAVORITE PIZZA DOUGH RECIPE!! IT CAME OUT LOOKING EXACTLY LIKE THE PICTURE, AND TASTED AMAZING. THE ONLY THING I CHANGED WAS TO SUBSTITUTE 1 CUP OF WHOLE WHEAT FLOUR. IT MAKES IT HEALTHIER, CRISPIER AND ADDS A LOT MORE FLAVOR THAN JUST WHITE FLOUR. ALSO USED MY HOMEMADE SPAGHETTI SAUCE AS OPPOSED TO THE RECIPE . I HAVE FOUND MONTEREY JACK CHEESE ( I USE TILLAMOOK) TO BE A MUCH TASTIER SUBSTITUTE THAN MOZZARELLA. THANKS SO MUCH FOR THIS RECIPE! arnetage68"
"It is an excellent recipe but I used a small jar of sliced black olives and it was very good.....I love the crust.=- receipes, you can make 2 different pizza as the same time...."
"This has become my go-to recipe for homemade pizza. My kids love it and actually prefer it to any take-out pizza! The dough is quite easy to work with. I do substitute olive oil for the vegetable oil."
"To make a crispier crust substitute the 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil to 3 tablespoons of olive oil."