Homemade Pinwheel Noodles
My family considers this recipe—from my husband's grandmother—a real treat. Homemade noodles simmer into delicious meat-filled puffs.—Deb Shafer, Dowling, Michigan
Total TimePrep:40 min. Cook: 1 hour
- 2-1/4 to 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup each finely chopped celery, onion and green pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups water
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef broth, undiluted
- Place 2-1/4 cups of flour in a bowl. Make a well in the center; add the eggs. Gradually mix with a wooden spoon until well blended. Knead on a floured surface until smooth, about 10 minutes. If necessary, add remaining flour to kneading surface or hands.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 16-in. x 12-in. rectangle, dusting top of dough with flour to prevent sticking. Crumble beef over dough; lightly press into dough; lightly press into dough. Sprinkle with celery, onion, green pepper, garlic powder, seasoned salt and pepper. Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Using a sharp knife, cut into 2-in. slices.
- In a large kettle or Dutch oven, bring water and broth to a rapid boil. Drop pinwheels into the boiling liquid. Return to a gentle boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour or until noodles are tender and meat is no longer pink. Serve with broth in soup bowls.
Originally published as Homemade Pinwheel Noodles in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook-Book
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.