Homemade Orange Refresher
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 can (6 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup instant nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 10 to 12 ice cubes
- Orange slices and mint, optional
- in a blender, combine the first five ingredients; cover and process on high until smooth. Add ice cubes, a few at a time, blending until slushy. Serve in chilled glasses. Garnish with orange slices and mint if desired. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 191 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 82mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein.
Feb 24, 2013
Very yummy. I also used Splenda in place of the sugar. My family loved it!
Jul 20, 2010
Very Refreshing, Great for first thing in the morning.
May 6, 2010
My only change is to use Splenda to tasate in place of sugar, as the concentrate is sweet enough. This makes for a refreshing treat on a warm night.
Jun 20, 2009
This is very nice for a brunch.