My family and friends are always impressed with these meatballs, which I serve with homemade sauce. The recipe came from an old friend of Italian descent. The mashed potatoes guarantee that the meatballs stay moist.—Lucille Bilodeau, Lewiston, Maine
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup mashed potatoes (with added milk and butter)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt, celery salt and pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1 jar (26 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- Hot cooked spaghetti
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, potatoes, onion, salt, celery salt and pepper. Crumble beef and pork over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- 2. Place meatballs on greased racks in shallow baking pans. Bake at 400° for 10-15 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Drain on paper towels.
- 3. Transfer to a large saucepan. Add spaghetti sauce; heat through. Serve with spaghetti.
Aug 27, 2013
just cooking them now. yes or no.?seems like it may work.
Jul 16, 2012
Good flavor but a little light on traditional Italian taste. Would add garlic, Italian seasoning and maybe a little crushed red pepper when making it again
© 2020 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC