Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup mashed potatoes (with added milk and butter)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt, celery salt and pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1 jar (26 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- Hot cooked spaghetti
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, potatoes, onion, salt, celery salt and pepper. Crumble beef and pork over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- Place meatballs on greased racks in shallow baking pans. Bake at 400° for 10-15 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Drain on paper towels.
- Transfer to a large saucepan. Add spaghetti sauce; heat through. Serve with spaghetti.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 27, 2013
just cooking them now. yes or no.?seems like it may work.
Jul 16, 2012
Good flavor but a little light on traditional Italian taste. Would add garlic, Italian seasoning and maybe a little crushed red pepper when making it again