Homemade Mashed Potato Bake
A co-worker gave me this recipe. Once my family tasted it, we all agreed it was a keeper! Speckled with ham and flavored with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses, it's a little different.—Gail Buss, Westminster, Maryland
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 3 pounds potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 1 cup (4 ounces) diced mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 20-25 minutes or until very tender. Drain well and mash.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs. Add ham, cheeses, 2 tablespoons parsley, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Stir in mashed potatoes.
- Transfer to a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish. Dot with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining parsley.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 210 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 578mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein.
Originally published as Potato Pie in Taste of Home August/September 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.