Homemade Marshmallow Pops Recipe
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 3 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar, divided
- Lollipop sticks
- 1. In a large bowl, combine cold water and gelatin; set aside.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large heavy saucepan over medium heat, combine the sugar, corn syrup, water and salt. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Cover and cook for 2 minutes to dissolve sugar crystals; uncover and cook on medium-high heat, without stirring, until a candy thermometer reads 240° (soft-ball stage).
- 3. Remove from the heat and gradually add to gelatin. Beat on medium speed for 14 minutes. Add extract; beat 1 minute longer. Meanwhile, sprinkle 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. pan.
- 4. With greased hands, spread marshmallow mixture into prepared pan. Top with 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar. Cover and cool at room temperature for 6 hours or overnight.
- 5. Cut 15 snowflakes with a greased 2-1/2-in. snowflake-shaped cookie cutter; toss in remaining confectioners' sugar. Gently press lollipop stick into each snowflake. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place. Yield: 15 pops.
1 each: 82 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 24mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Homemade Marshmallow Pops
"This homemade marshmellow recipe does not say it is DIABETIC friendly! if you can read a recipe then you should know what you can or can not have. please educate yourself."
"This is NOT Diabetic friendly - you have sugar, corn syrup AND icing sugar. ON WHAT planet IS this safe for a Diabetic. GET a new review system or other people should EDUCATE themselves on the effects of sugar on a Diabetic. This makes me angry! MISLEADING information that could be dangerous for someone with Diabetes!!!"