Homemade Marinated Vegetables
This dish is very easy to make, and I take it to a lot of potlucks. It's especially good with broccoli fresh from the garden.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 head fresh broccoli, separated into florets
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 can (5 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, rinsed and drained
- 1 red onion, sliced, separated into rings
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) Italian dressing
- 1 to 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- Combine broccoli florets, mushrooms, water chestnuts, onion and dressing in a large bowl. Cover; marinate several hours, stirring occasionally. Just before serving, add cherry tomatoes, stirring gently to combine.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 190 calories, 14g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 649mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 5g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Marinated Vegetable Salad in Country Extra May 1990
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.