Homemade Marinated Vegetables
This dish is very easy to make, and I take it to a lot of potlucks. It's especially good with broccoli fresh from the garden.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 head fresh broccoli, separated into florets
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 can (5 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, rinsed and drained
- 1 red onion, sliced, separated into rings
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) Italian dressing
- 1 to 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- Combine broccoli florets, mushrooms, water chestnuts, onion and dressing in a large bowl. Cover; marinate several hours, stirring occasionally. Just before serving, add cherry tomatoes, stirring gently to combine.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 190 calories, 14g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 649mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 5g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Marinated Vegetable Salad in Country Extra May 1990