Homemade Marinated Pork Roast Recipe
- 1 liter ginger ale
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 bone-in center cut pork roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup water
- 1. In a large heavy-duty resealable plastic bag or shallow glass dish, combine the first six ingredients. Add pork roast. Seal or cover and refrigerate overnight, turning once. Place roast and marinade in a shallow roasting pan. Bake at 325° for 1 hour and 45 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°-170°. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, measure 2 cups pan drippings. Skim fat; pour into a saucepan. Combine the flour and water until smooth; add to drippings. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Serve with the roast. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 slice: 251 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 987mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 0 fiber), 26g protein.
Reviews for Homemade Marinated Pork Roast
"Upped the temp to 375 to make sure it was done. Very moist and juicy. Good flavor, but not my favorite."