Homemade Marinated Pork Roast
Because almost all of the preparation is done ahead of time, this recipe is perfect for get-togethers. It's one of our family's favorite dishes.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Bake: 1-3/4 hours + standing
- 1 liter ginger ale
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 bone-in center cut pork roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup water
- In a large heavy-duty resealable plastic bag or shallow glass dish, combine the first six ingredients. Add pork roast. Seal or cover and refrigerate overnight, turning once. Place roast and marinade in a shallow roasting pan. Bake at 325° for 1 hour and 45 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°-170°. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, measure 2 cups pan drippings. Skim fat; pour into a saucepan. Combine the flour and water until smooth; add to drippings. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Serve with the roast.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 251 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 987mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 0 fiber), 26g protein.
Originally published as Marinated Pork Roast in Country Extra March 1998
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.