VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 liter ginger ale
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 bone-in center cut pork roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup water
- In a large heavy-duty resealable plastic bag or shallow glass dish, combine the first six ingredients. Add pork roast. Seal or cover and refrigerate overnight, turning once. Place roast and marinade in a shallow roasting pan. Bake at 325° for 1 hour and 45 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°-170°. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, measure 2 cups pan drippings. Skim fat; pour into a saucepan. Combine the flour and water until smooth; add to drippings. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Serve with the roast. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Marinated Pork Roast in Country Extra March 1998, p51
Reviews forHomemade Marinated Pork Roast
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 27, 2016
"Upped the temp to 375 to make sure it was done. Very moist and juicy. Good flavor, but not my favorite."