Homemade Marinated Flank Steak
Janet Wright PORTAGE, PENNSYLVANIA Lemon and ginger enhance these melt-in-your-mouth steaks. The thinly sliced meat basks in the savory marinade overnight for extra flavor and tenderness.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium beef bouillon granules
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 beef flank steak (1-1/2 pounds)
- In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, oil, garlic, bouillon and ginger. Pour 1/3 cup into a large resealable plastic bag; add flank steak. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill steak, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°), basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. To serve, thinly slice across the grain.
Nutrition Facts4 ounce-weight: 264 calories, 16g fat (5g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 153mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 27g protein.
Originally published as Marinated Flank Steak in Country Extra July 2008
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.