Homemade Marinated Flank Steak
Janet Wright PORTAGE, PENNSYLVANIA Lemon and ginger enhance these melt-in-your-mouth steaks. The thinly sliced meat basks in the savory marinade overnight for extra flavor and tenderness.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium beef bouillon granules
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 beef flank steak (1-1/2 pounds)
- In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, oil, garlic, bouillon and ginger. Pour 1/3 cup into a shallow dish; add flank steak and turn to coat. Cover; refrigerate overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill steak, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°), basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. To serve, thinly slice across the grain.